We know that every school wants the best for each individual child, and that they will do what they can to make sure that every child feels included and has all of the support they need. However, this support doesn’t start in the classroom, it’s also important to make sure that all areas of the school and access to them are reachable for all.
Whilst many schools across the UK have made significant changes to ensure this, research shows that there are still many schools out there who lack the right kind of access for their pupils.
Simple improvements can be made to help students with accessibility requirements, such as:
- Lighting and paint schemes to help visually impaired children
- Lifts and ramps to help physically impaired children
- Carpeting and acoustic tiling of classrooms to help hearing impaired pupils
- Create a quiet, private space for overactive children
- Removing rugs or other obstacles for children who have trouble walking
- Lowering desks and utilising slant boards can make movement and writing easier for
students with a physical disability
Even making small, cost-free changes can have a huge impact on making a child who requires adaptive resources feel included and more comfortable.
If we can help your school become more accessible, contact us today on 01625 415 400 or send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.