Schools are under constant pressure to do more with less. With a reduction of space and declining budgets, school leaders are looking for ways to innovate with their budget and still provide a quality, educational environment. One method schools are using to accomplish this is to lease modular buildings.
Leasing modular buildings can provide a school with the much-needed space at a fraction of the cost of traditional construction and without 18+ months wait. The buildings can be leased for a short-term or long-term period, and they can be easily expanded or reconfigured to meet the changing needs of the school.
Modular buildings can also be used to create small learning communities, special education classrooms and even science labs. In addition, they can be used for administrative offices, art rooms, SEND rooms and music rooms. To learn more about the benefits of having modular buildings instead of new construction headache, read on!
1. Cost savings – Leasing modular buildings is an excellent way to save money for schools. Modular buildings are less expensive than traditional construction because they are manufactured in a factory and assembled on site. With modular construction, there’s no need for expensive building materials, and the cost of labour is lower.
2. Quick construction – Modular buildings can be constructed much faster than traditional buildings. This is because whilst the buildings are built in a factory, the site is prepared at the same time. This means that the construction process can happen in parallel, reducing the overall time required to complete the project.
3. High-quality construction – Modular buildings are made with meticulous safety standards as traditional buildings are too. The building components are built in a factory under controlled conditions, with rigorous quality control processes in place to ensure that they meet or exceed the same standards as they would with traditional building materials.
4. Flexible design – The designs of modular buildings are extremely flexible and can be planned to meet the specific needs of the school. They can be configured in various ways to make the best use of space and provide the best learning environment.
5. Sustainable materials – As schools approach the NetZero 2030 target deadline, sustainable materials and solutions become increasingly important. Modular buildings can be manufactured using sustainable materials, making them an environmentally-friendly choice. The buildings are also designed to be energy-efficient, which can help reduce operating costs for schools.
6. Easy to relocate – Much to the surprise of most people, modular buildings can be dismantled and relocated. This means that if a school needs to move to a new location, the modular buildings can be easily transported and reassembled, saving time and money investing in completely new ones.
Overall, leasing modular buildings can be an excellent choice for schools looking to save money and provide a quality education. They are cost-effective, quick to construct, high-quality, sustainable solutions which have the flexibility to relocate. By considering modular buildings, school leaders can provide their students with the best learning environment possible while staying within their budgetary constraints.
If your school would like to explore modular buildings to expand classroom space, introduce sensory areas, have a separate break-out space or have an outdoor library, contact us on 01625 415 400.